Liver Patients International (LPI) is pleased to share the new communications toolkit for COVID – 19 and liver patient organisations. The purpose of the toolkit is to inform liver patient organisations on how they can support patients during this challenging time of the pandemic:
This document has been made by José Willemse and Martine Walmsley, patient advocates, in collaboration with RPP and endorsed by ERN Rare Liver and EASL, as part of the RPP Patient Grant scheme.
Click the titles below to access the toolkit and find more information:
This document has three sections, in order to support liver disease patients during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Section 1: helps patient associations to communicate accurate information about COVID-19 to patients
- Section 2: advises on the use of social media and newsletters to make communication to patients easier
- Section 3: gives tips about how advocacy can be used to improve the situation and treatment of liver disease patients
This lay summary of the guidance in the European Association for the Study of the Liver (EASL) – the European Society of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases (ESCMID) Position Paper is intended to be read alongside local and national guidance about COVID-19.
The lay summary covers:
- How healthcare providers are minimising COVID-19 transmission
- What changes to expect in your care during the pandemic
- What to expect if you get COVID-19
- Prioritisation of patients for some tests and procedures
LPI encourages Liver Patient Associations to share and use this material in order to inform patients and raise awareness about COVID-19 and liver related issues.